Monday, September 26, 2011

5 Minutes or Less: Breaking Into Aussie Music

Since being here, Lydia and I haven't really had an opportunity to be exposed to a lot of Australian music; what little music we do hear is either on buses or when passing restaurants, much of which is mainstream top 40 anyways. At the suggestion of one of our good friends, Gabs, I've started listening to a bit of Eskimo Joe. Out of Western Australia, Eskimo Joe is an "Alternative Rock Band" (whatever that means these days) with considerable notoriety here in Australia. I've just started to poke through some of their albums, here's one of their singles, "Foreign Land," from their 2009 album Inshalla:



That's my favorite so far (I've only just started listening), though I have a good bit more listening to do as they have 5 albums released, starting with the first from 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment